“A vision without a task is but a dream. A task without a vision is a drudgery. A vision and a task are the hope of the world.” – Old English Proverb, Church of England, Sussex, England
- Core Values
1. Respect is at the core of every successful human relationship and endeavor.
2. All endeavors are approached with a forensic process that starts with observation and enquiry versus a formula orientation
3. Successful problem solving starts upstream with systems thinking.
4. Community Involvement is essential to great planning and places equal value on the wisdom of the culture and the talent of the planning and development professionals.
5. All decisions will be made to serve the long-term health of the economy, ecology and social fabric of the community being directly developed as well as the larger community in which it participates.
6. All planning and decision-making favors collaboration and is based on “Sustainable Partnering of Resources.”
7. Successful City redevelopment requires a bold collaboration of public, private and NGO sectors.
8. All resources are interdependent in natural as well as human communities.
- Sanborn Principles
* Healthy Indoor Environment for Occupants
* Ecologically Healthy
* Socially Just
* Culturally Creative
* Physically and Economically Accessible